Our Partnership has three objectives.
To develop support cancer research by funding state-of-the-art research projects in order to:
- Develop cancer research capacity at SDSU
- Enhance cancer health disparities research at UCSD
- Create successful, long-term research collaborations between UCSD and SDSU.
2) RESEARCH EDUCATION
To provide research education opportunities in cancer and cancer disparities for promising undergraduate students.
3) COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
To develop active and sustainable collaborations amongst community partners, researchers, and students to:
- Increase participants in recommended cancer screening among low-income underserved populations
- Disseminate best practices for cancer screening and cancer prevention.